Sunday, March 14, 2010

a small glimpse of my weekend projects

This weekend was full of crafts, thrifting, yard work, cooking and even a nice hike with the family. I spent Saturday morning at a softball clinic with my daughter and all of Saturday afternoon thrifting..bliss. I found some great vintage pyrex bowls and a few milk glass pieces to add to my collection.
Between yard work and laundry I found time to complete a few craft projects.
This candle holder was made out dollar store finds. I made two of them for my fireplace mantel. The base is a tea light candle holder that I super glued to a glass vase. I used 2 pillar candles that I hot glued together ( the dollar store didn't have taller candles) and glued a ribbon around the center of the candles. The total cost for each vase $4.00.

I needed a spring wreath, this again was made out of materials from the dollar store. It fits perfectly on my wreath stand in the entry way. Total cost $4.00

The kids computer chair was plain black. I felt that it needed a new look. With a few staples and fabric, it's as good as new. My wonderful hubby helped me take it apart and put it back together. I had the fabric in my stash so the total cost was FREE.

When I was out working on the yard, my neighbor came out and asked if I wanted this table. She was going to give it to goodwill. I love the lines on it. I am going to paint it heirloom white and it will be a great TV stand for my girls bedroom.

I have more projects that were completed this weekend. I will post them later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment